The SBH promised you fun & games, so fun & games you shall have! Toward the end of last season we started playing & producing a game on Twitter we liked to call Vampire Diaries Bingo. Basically, this was your typical bingo game, but with a sassy Vampire Diaries twist! We even created the hashtag #vdbingo (note that we did not include the “T”. VDBingo just has a better ring, no?) to keep track of all our players.
And now dear readers we are ready to take our fun & games out of our circle of twitter friends & followers & release it into the interwebs so the joy can be shared by all. So what IS Vampire Diaries Bingo, you ask? Here’s the deal:
- Just comment below and we’ll e-mail you a card. Each card has its own serial # so we can keep track of the winners!
- Download THE GUIDE to #VDbingo.
- Enjoy 24 squares of possible Mystic Falls tomfoolery and 1 Free Space.
- As The GUIDE explains, if you see it on the episode, you mark your square as you see it. We like to use highlighters. This way you can still see the words below (good for judging).
- Follow @theSBH on twitter & play along!!
- If you get a bingo (5 in a row or down or diagonal) on your card – email us at email@example.com with your card # and what episode earned you your bingo. Make sure you put #VDBingo in the subject.
- Every single winning card (provided you e-mail us telling us you’ve won!) will be entered in our quarterly episode drawings. The first drawing will be held on the Monday FOLLOWING episode 2.05. That week we will offer new cards (and will make a new post expressing that we have new cards, so you can comment and acquire), so we can begin another round. The 2nd drawing will be posted the Monday after episode 10, the 3rd drawing will be the Monday after episode 15, and the 4th drawing will be the Monday after episode 20. Episodes 21 and 22 will have their own cards (because if last season was ANY indicator, this season is sure to be STRAIGHT UP BANANAS and shit will be fast-moving!). Those episodes will both be included in the FINALE drawing, the Monday after episode 22.
- Since this plot twists and turns like WHOA, the SBH may elect to change some of the squares if something makes a square invalid (e.g., a character dies, goes missing, loses the ability to wear a scarf, etc.). If this happens, changes will be posted so you can alter your card as specified. All changes will also be posted to our #VDBingo page, so no one misses out. We may not even make the change if something like this happens, but just know that if we do, you will be notified. Repeatedly.
To give you an idea of what kind of bingo squares we’re talking about, feel free to download & take a peek at one of our cards from 1.22 “Founders Day”. Needless to say, we padded the pot a little bit for 1.22 & we will for the S2 finale too. The more bingos the better! Also, do whatever you like with your card. HERE you can see a copy of Cin’s 1.22 card (via crappy BlackBerry picture) and also how her 12 year old daughter, Megan, decorated her 1.22 Bingo card, HERE. Be creative. Have fun. Make the card your own!
That’s pretty much it, in a nutshell. Pretty self-explanatory if you’ve ever played bingo, which you probably have. Always remember to consult the GUIDE if you have questions. DON’T MARK IT ‘TIL YOU SEE IT!
— Remember to tell us when your card wins. Each winner will be entered into our quarterly drawing. Round 1 (Eps 2.01-2.05) prizes include: an official The Vampire Diaries 2011 Calendar, and a Salvatore brothers poster. (see below) Oh, man… to have those two staring at me from my wall… I may forget what I’m…..