One more week, you guys. Seven measly days, and The Vampire Diaries is back for Season 3! Cue the confetti! Woohoo! And you ALL know what else that means, right? Yes, yes, the pretty people of Mystic Falls are back on our TV screens. But you know what ELSE? Well, if you couldn’t figure out from the title of this post — #VDBINGO IS BACK, BITCHES! Oohhh, yeeaahhhh.
For those of you who might be new, let me give you a little background so you don’t have to go wading through our hundreds of posts to find our explanation from last season. Toward the end of Season 1, we started playing & producing a game on Twitter we liked to call Vampire Diaries Bingo. This is like your typical bingo game, but with an awesome Vampire Diaries twist! We even created the hashtag #vdbingo (note that there is no “T”. VDBingo just rolls off the tongue easier.) to keep track of all our players.
We had an excellent run last year. So many of you came and joined us for our silly little game, our hearts grew three sizes! And we are so stoked to be bringing you another set of squares to mark in Season 3!
So here’s the rundown on how this all works, to refresh all our memories:
- Comment below and we’ll e-mail you a card. Each card has its own serial # so we can keep track of the winners!
- Download THE GUIDE to #VDbingo.
- Enjoy 24 squares of potential Mystic Falls tomfoolery and 1 Free Space.
- As The GUIDE explains, if you see it on the episode, you mark your square as you see it.
- Follow @theSBH on twitter & play along!!
- If you get a bingo (5 across, down or diagonal) on your card – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your card # and what episode earned you your bingo. Make sure you put #VDBingo in the subject. We’ll post an official list of squares after every episode (after the EST airing — so spoiler alert for the PST and international players. Just ignore the post until you’ve watched the episode — we want you guys playing too!). We’re not in the business of penalizing if you don’t catch it. 🙂 Plus we announce the squares on Twitter.
- Each card will be good for a span of 5 episodes. So this first card will be the card you use for episodes 1-5, the second card for 6-10, and so on, unless we tell you otherwise. We’ll have a special card for episodes 21 and 22, because we just KNOW they’re going to be so cray, they’ll need new cards.
- Since the plot on TVD tends to be straight-up bananas sometimes and likes to throw us all for loops, the SBH may elect to change some of the squares if something makes a square invalid (e.g., a character dies, goes missing, goes on the wagon, etc.). If this happens, changes will be posted so you can alter your card as specified. All changes will also be posted to our #VDBingo page, so no one misses out. We may not even make the change if something like this happens (see also: denial, #pullthedaggerout), but just know that if we do, you will be notified. Repeatedly.
That’s pretty much it. This is going to be great. See you around the hashtag. And always remember to consult the GUIDE if you have questions. DON’T MARK IT ‘TIL YOU SEE IT!