Some of you may have noticed that Mystic Falls has a disproportionately high number of outrageously beautiful residents. I’m not gonna lie, there are some hot guys and gorgeous women living in this town, and if you live here, eventually you’re going to want to take somebody out on a date. Beware, my friends! Dating local poses a large number of hazards that don’t really come up a lot in other places (unless you live in Sunnydale, CA) and any one of these can totally ruin your night…and your life expectancy. Before you ask anyone out in Mystic Falls, make sure you consult this handy lists of what to do, and not do, if you don’t want the night to go spectacularly wrong.
10 DOs & DON’Ts For Dating In Mystic Falls
10. Don’t get your ex and best friend to double with you. Twice the awkwardness, none of the sex.
9. Do bring flowers. Everybody likes flowers. Unless they’re vervain flowers. Or wolfsbane flowers. You know what? Maybe you should bring chocolates instead.
8. Don’t date anyone whose Dad has both magic and anger management issues.
7. Don’t invite someone to a school dance. Unless you’re trying to get rid of your date permanently, in which case that’s actually a pretty good plan.
6. Do tell your date about any exes you may have that look exactly like her, before she finds out on her own and ends up drunk in Atlanta with your older brother.
5. Don’t go “someplace woodsy”. I don’t care what Damon Salvatore says, the woods around Mystic Falls hold only gruesome death and lots of crying, not romance.
4. Don’t go hiking. Didn’t you see what I just said about the woods?
3. Do show off your cool car. (But don’t open the trunk if it’s full of empty blood bags or the body of your ex-FWB.)
2. Don’t make out with your best friend’s mom. THAT IS NOT A DATE, TYLER LOCKWOOD.
1. Do go the Mystic Grill for dinner. It’s not like you have a choice… and besides, that’s where they keep the bourbon. Trust me, if you date anyone in Mystic falls, you’re going to need the bourbon.